Lionheart Tutoring - Pursue Greatness
A Higher Grade Of Tutoring
- Founded by Certified Reading Specialist from UPenn and Fulbright Teaching Fellow to South Korea
- Tutored Hundreds of Clients in Math, Reading, Writing, SAT©/ACT©, Mandarin, Computer Science, Spanish, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
- Simply the Best Mandarin Chinese Tutoring on the Main Line
- Summer Lessons Available for All Levels
- Tutoring since 2009
What Parents & Students Say
- I wish we had met you two years ago when this started to be an issue!
- FYI —- He got into the car and said “well that was fun.” I don’t know how you are making graphing, grammar and such fun but it is working!
- I just wish you were my teacher all the time. Are you sure you can’t substitute for my school teacher?
- She got an A on her last two quizzes. We’re ecstatic!
- I’m finally doing well in math!
Meet Our Tutors
Inspired by what he saw in South Korea as a Fulbright Teaching Fellow, Dan Chinburg began tutoring students on the Main Line in 2009. He graduated with a M.S.Ed. in Reading/Writing/Literacy from the University of Pennsylvania with a K-12 reading specialist certification and has a B.A. in English & World Literature from Pitzer College. Since his return to the states, he has taught over 110 students through word-of-mouth. He loves working with struggling students and advanced students alike. Always striving to get the best results, he has tutored Singapore Math at a charter school and has explored many different approaches to higher mathematics. Over the years, he has designed his own grammar, writing, and standardized test program to meet the demands of his students. He particularly enjoys the challenge of giving crash-courses in subjects before last-minute finals for new students.
Yuanyuan (Elizabeth) Zhang
Chinese Director / Tutor
Fluent in English and a native-speaker of Mandarin Chinese, Yuanyuan brings an incredible breadth of language training and linguistic expertise to her Chinese and ESL sessions. She graduated with a M.S.Ed. in TESOL from the University of Pennsylvania and has a B.A. in Business English. While in China, she taught classes of Chinese students of all levels in English at the prestigious private tutoring firm in Shanghai. She has developed the Chinese program of Lionheart Tutoring through her self-designed learning programs for students in grades PreK-12. She brings an energetic approach to Chinese instruction while incorporating games, iPad apps, songs, poems, and multimedia with her students. Parents have been delighted to find her as many private schools have embraced Chinese as a foreign language across the Main Line. Always dear to her heart, she loves working and developing her toddler program for young Chinese learners who are training their ears for the novel tones of Chinese.